Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri Oct 18 13:19:28 1996

On Fri, 18 Oct 96 20:30:42 +0400
 [email protected] alleged:

> >   >You said - "gated"? Oh my gawd...
> >
> >   It's very popular in some circles to bash gated; I'm not quite sure why.
> >   I'm seldom able to get specific, substantive criticisms from people who
> >   make comments like these, other than to say that the configuration langua
ge
> >   is not obvious and not well-documented (I agree, for now).

The documentation could be a little better, but the command langauge
is far superior to IOS. The only think I'd love in gated is aspath-prepend,
which I'm hacking in myself...

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.          E A S Y N E T  G R O U P  P L C
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)