[[email protected]: Re: NapsRus]

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Fri Oct 18 00:33:18 1996

This is an excerpt of recent private email regarding the recent
proliferation of NAPs-with-no-customers.  I'm forwarding it here so
that when everyone has a NAP in their trunk y'all can remember where
the original concept came from.

                                        ---Rob

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:52:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Robert E. Seastrom" <[email protected]>

So anyway, if just announcing it is the only thing it takes to make a
NAP and you don't don't even need any customers, let me be the first
to announce the VA ZPE-7392 NAP -- the first mobile IP peering point.
We are a little short on colocate space now, since there is some junk
in the back of my Bronco II, but if there is sufficient interest I can
probably put the spare tire in my U-Store.  All colocated equipment
and networking gear must run on 12v DC, negative ground.