Two ASN 99s

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Thu Oct 17 13:27:28 1996

    This is probably a really stupid question, but why are there two ASN
    99s?  Was ASN 99 recycled or reassigned or something?

    I did a really quick uniq through the ASN list, and the only other
    duplicate registrations I see are more-specifics for ASNs which were
    assigned in blocks, 1381 and 3933, for example, but this doesn't seem
    to be such a case.

    Intel Corporation (ASN-INTEL)                                       99
    University of Maryland (ASN-00)                                     99

    Advanced Networks & Services Inc. (ASN-ANSBB-ASNNET-2-ASNBLOCK)   1381
    Merit Computer Network Incorporated (ASN-NSFNETTEST46)            1381

    NorthWestNet (ASN-NWNET-ASBLK1-ASNBLOCK)                          3933
    Oregon Department of Education (ASN-OPEN-NORTH)                   3933

                         -Bill

bill woodcock  [email protected]  [email protected]  [email protected]