RE: Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

  • From: Chris A. Icide
  • Date: Thu Oct 17 10:47:06 1996

>One of the reasons that cisco has earned its place as Number One is
>that, to my knowledge, cisco has never terminally screwed a client.
>No other contender can make that claim with me. I've been screwed by
>all of them, except cisco. They don't always give me what I want when
>I want it, but they don't do fundamentally bad things like walking
>away from the ISP market as Proteon did or wiping out their upper
>management team as Wellfleet did from time to time.
>

>--Kent

I've had my problems with Cisco, and there have been many, however, I
must say that when you poke them in the eye and say, "uhm, I've got a
problem that needs fixing now!", the engineers pop out of the walls like
that green thing in Ghostbusters.  They slime things all up, and quickly
pull a working solution out of the muck.  In fact, I found myself at O'Hare
Airport in Chicago early Sunday morning picking up two routers and a
bunch of interface cards.  Cisco had been working on an unidentifiable
prblem, and decided that we may need to unload a couple of our routers
so they zipped out a couple of extra routers to us, along with an engineer.

Anyway, I know that I can count on their customer support organization
to immediately respond to my needs.  The ONLY other company I ever
worked with that offered (and met) this level of support was HP.

Chris