Re: Cisco as Big Brother (Was Re: Cisco's AIP vs HSSI)

  • From: alex
  • Date: Wed Oct 16 08:14:38 1996

>   As for competition, keep an eye on Bay.  They are putting some serious
>   effort into Internet development.  The hardware is already there, and has
>   been there for a long time.  The software is getting there very quickly,
>   especially with companies like mine and ANS working with them.  I have
>   a feeling Cisco will always be in the lead, but they may not have such
>   a comfortable lead for much longer.  Which is a Good Thing, since
>   competition fuels development.
>
>   -Jon
And what do you think about Ascend's effort to get big piece of this
market via their new back-bone router?

---
Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)