Re: generators etc...

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Oct 12 22:24:36 1996

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Zachary DeAquila wrote:

> please read my note again.
>
> I was NOT flaming your statements, I agree with them 100%.
> I was flaming Mr. Michal Dillon's responses to your statements.
> Apologies if that was unclear.
>
>  --Zachary

Look, what was wrong with Dillon's response? Are you saying you should not
try to protect your POP? Lets look back at some of the things Michal said.

>Take samples from the fuel tank and test them every time tanks are
>filled.

This is a basic thing and is easy to do and will save a lot of downtime if
you catch a problem. It also helps to run your generator every week or so.

>Don't site buildings where there have been floods in the past 500 years
>and don't site buildings downstream from dams. If a waterproof buildingis
>built in a flood area, make sure that snorkles rise above the 500 year
>flood level.

This is a very basic thing and all of us should try to do this.

>When siting a diesel exhaust system make sure that there are no trees,
>towers or similar things nearby that could fall on it. If in a hurricane
>area, reinforce diesel snorkels and arrange for multiple paths to get air
>in.

One more good tip, it is not hard to do this, and I have watched systems
go down because of this. It all could have been avoided if they would
have done this.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34