Re: Internet II is coming...

  • From: Stephen Wolff
  • Date: Wed Oct 09 10:13:31 1996

At 3:41 PM 96-10-08, Scott Huddle wrote:
>Isn't this the same mission as the vBNS?

The I-II's GigaPOPs are likely to have other interconnects besides the
vBNS, but the vBNS is a component of the I-II architecture.

There was one slight mismatch in that I-II is intended for general academic
use whilst the vBNS basically required case-by-case usage approval; this
has however been rectified by a recent NSF ruling.

-s

Stephen Wolff                                        Business Development
ciscoSystems                                         202 337 1213