Re: Internet II is coming...

  • From: Justin W. Newton
  • Date: Tue Oct 08 21:26:46 1996

At 06:01 PM 10/8/96 -0700, Eric Ziegast wrote:
>If anything, it shows that there's a need for a higher level of
>service than what's being provided to everyone jumping onto the
>Internet bandwagon.  Who pays for it is arbitrary - whether it's
>the government or a Fortune 100 company, someone who sees value in
>it will pay for it.

hmm, ANX?  It seems to me as if these two projects are similar.  This could
be an interesting experiment.  If we have 2 parallel projects going on, one
privately funded and one (possibly) funded by the government, which one
ends up workin better in the end?  We all have our opinions I am sure, but
we may get to actually watch it happen.

Justin Newton
Internet Architect
Erol's Internet Services