Re: DoS, ICMP, proxies, SYNDefender

  • From: Jeff Weisberg
  • Date: Fri Oct 04 19:03:07 1996

| > I like the 'no-data structures until the' three way handshake
| > is complete idea that Jeff posted yesterday.  Guess I can
| > applied this to linux.... has anyone done this?   If so,
| > I would rather start testing a patch to save time.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Tim
|
| I'm quite sure I could take the code Jeff did and hack it so that
| it could be applied to my vacuum cleaner if that was being SYN-
| stormed...
|
| Jeff's a SunOS/BSD bigot as well so I doubt he'll do anything
| directly re: a linux port :)

correct, Jeff has no intention of porting to linux, but the
changes to tcp_input are simple and easily understood. It
shouldn't be too hard for someone to port.

as for vacuum cleaners, in my past I once worked on a project
involving networking household appliances. I still have source
code, but alas, it is not TCP/IP based.... :-)

	--jeff