Re: DoS, ICMP, proxies, SYNDefender

  • From: Tim Salo
  • Date: Fri Oct 04 18:15:24 1996

> From: Tim Bass <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: DoS, ICMP, proxies, SYNDefender
> To: [email protected] (Michael Dillon)
> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 17:18:25 -0400 (EDT)
> Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
>
> > This is not the right forum to discuss TCP internals nor is it the right
> > forum to discuss building hardened kernels
>
> That may or may not be true, I'll pass on that one.
>
> What is the name of the 'right list' for this discussion, BTW?
> linux-net is quiet and the linux code fragement for linux
> does not work on high speed networks.....
> 	[...]

The real TCP people tend to hang out on the end-to-end mail list.  They
could, and probably would, provide a high-quality critique of a well-
written summary of what you propose.  On the other hand, the e-2-e mail
list probably doesn't have much patience for the sort of chatter that
has appeared on this topic on nanog...

I suggest you write an internet draft and send it to end-to-end for
comments.

-tjs