Re: TCP SYN attacks

  • From: Richard Stiennon
  • Date: Thu Oct 03 16:12:51 1996

At 11:37 AM 10/3/96 -0700, Ran Atkinson wrote:
>>Dima Volodin writes:
>>> Now can I hold my breath waiting for vendors to incorporate this stuff
>>> into their products?
>
>At least BSDI, Sun, SGI, and HP are working on TCP SYN hardening.
>(yes, cisco is also on top of things :-).
>
>I have no data on what might be up at other vendors.

Check out the elegant solution just announced by Checkpoint:

http://www.checkpoint.com/fw21/syndefender/syndefender-white.html

This is a firewall solution. I like the psuedo-NAT done to adjust sequence
number.
Richard Stiennon			[email protected]
Director, Business Development		http://www.netrex.com
Netrex, Inc.			Voice: 810-352-9643
Southfield, Michigan 	 		Fax: 810-352-2375
Providing businesses and organizations with secure Internet solutions.