Re: "Basic BGP configuration problem"

  • From: Henry Kilmer
  • Date: Tue Oct 01 20:59:22 1996

Mark Borchers writes:
>> We are working on adjusting our multihoming policies such that
>> multihoming with Sprint will be a viable solution for customers.
>>
>Excellent news.  Is it official?  Would you be willing to furnish any
>further details at this time?

As pointed out on this list, multihoming with Sprint has two main
difficulties.  The first issues is that Sprint's aggregation blocks
specifics from its CIDR block from going out untouched, even for BGP
customers, and the second is the fallback does not work properly since
Sprint does not listen to any announcements of our CIDR blocks from
peers.  Both of these are being addressed and are nearing completion.
A more verbose description will be sent when we are actually done (and
get some sleep).

-Hank