Re: IRR route entries

  • From: Marc Slemko
  • Date: Tue Oct 01 18:59:40 1996

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Marc Slemko wrote:

> At http://compute.merit.edu/problems.html, there is a list of routes being
> advertised with ASs inconsistent with those in the IRR.  I'm having a bit
> of trouble understading a few things.

After a couple of messages with Brian Renaud at Merit, this is on the way
to being sorted out.  My confusion was a result of a combination of:
	- the fact that doing a whois lookup on whois.canet.ca
	  doesn't reveal all the CA*Net entries for routes that
	  are in the CA*net routing database.
	- some outdated info on the RA homepage which implied that
	  entries with a more recent date would be preferred.
	- a possible glitch in the information on the RA's report of
	  advertisements with inconsistent origin ASes.

Things should be able to be made to work properly by digging up all the
old entries and having the appropriate parties delete them.

Thanks to Brian for his help.  The way things turned out, this should
been discussed with the people at the RA first, but some of the
misleading things made it appear like there was more involved.