Re: Best way to deal with bad advertisements?

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Mon Sep 30 16:30:28 1996

In message <[email protected]>, Avi Freedman writes:

> > > 1) Announce *your own* routes more specifically.
> > >    This may lose you ANS connectivity, though.
>
> I meant ANS connectivity because of RADB issues, but yes,
> anyone who filters small announcements in your space won't
> see you.

Avi,

If there is a route object in the RADB for the /24 we will set policy
according to the origin AS of the RO.  If you can't get rid of a bogus
RADB RO, ask us we can create exceptions for AS based policy on a per
prefix basis.  If there is no RO, we won't listen to the /24 so we
won't hear the bogon, just the /16.  This is temporarily moot since we
have 2 routers in AS1673 that can't handle the policy filters.

The bottom line is the IRR helps keep connectivity in the face of this
sort of problem where you are claiming it hurts.

Curtis