Re: Best way to deal with bad advertisements?

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Mon Sep 30 09:09:02 1996

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Actually the US Government already has such a policy.  Buried deep
> inside the original NSF NAP solicitation was the requirement any
> provider must peer with any other provider connected to all three
> priority NAPs, or it would not qualify as an NSP for NSF connection
> grants.  There was no requirement for minimum connection speed to
> a NAP or between the NAPs to qualify as an NSP.

That is the only problem I have with a few peering requirements. There
should be no reason that a I should need DS3 network from day one. I am
fine with providers making me go to MAE-East, MAE-West, PACBELL,
Ameritech, and Sprint NAP. I do have a problem with them saying this all
needs to be connected via DS3. If it was say connected via frac DS3 or say
MFS 10 meg service it should make no difference to the peers. Why should a
new NSP pay for a DS3 when they need only 10 meg?

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34