Re: Peering versus Transit

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sun Sep 29 23:23:13 1996

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Michael Dillon wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Alan Hannan wrote:
>
> >   * _Stealing_ is when B uses A's resources without permission or
> >   agreement.
>
> Unfortunately, on the Internet or any other packet-switching network,
> there is no clear cut obvious definition for "use" or for "resources".
> Those things are defined by convention, i.e. by agreement, and those
> definitions *ARE* subject to change.
>
> It would be helpful if these things were more clearly defined in writing
> so that newcomers can zip up the learning curve faster.

Yes, but can we agree that dumping data to someons router at a NAP
without asking is steeling?

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34