Re: ATM Traceroute middle packet loss?

  • From: Larry J. Plato
  • Date: Fri Sep 27 20:54:59 1996

This sounds a lot like the problem last year in MAE-East before
they upgraded to FDDI.  A bug in *many* hardware implementations
dropped packets if the interpacket arrival time was too small (even
though the inbterpacket spacing was within spec.)  I don't recall
anyone ever fixing the problem tho'  It even affected several
sniffers so they would not see the packets, and hence not record
the drop....

Larry Plato