Re: Advice on dealing with Sprint

  • From: Joseph Malcolm
  • Date: Thu Sep 26 12:59:04 1996

Avi Freedman writes:
>Hmm...  Do you have any of these boxes?

I do speak from some personal experience, yes.

>My impression is that a 4500 w/ 3 or 4 full views still takes well
>under 24mb, and doesn't impact the performance of the box at all.

There are many unaccounted for variables here. You certainly don't
have as many unadvertised more specifics as we do, as much stuff in
the IGP, etc., etc. Those doing less will get some more breathing
room, but unless many more people get more more serious about reducing
global routing tables it won't be too long before 32MB will not be
enough for anyone.