Re: New Denial of Service Attack on Panix

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sat Sep 21 13:46:58 1996

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, Hans-Werner Braun wrote:

> I am actually fairly serious. The tremendous amount of email this
> generated amazes me. With the amount of effort going into that, I
> suspect may be 40% or more of the problem could already be alleviated
> if people would just go out and coordinate and do it.

A lot of this coordination is already happening. At least half of North
Americas ISP's have been informed and a substantial number of ISP's in
other countries as well. There are WWW pages documenting the problem and
the fixes although this part could be done better and more systematically.

Some magazine articles have been published or are in progress to explain
source filtering and there are two people writing up a BCP on the topic.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]