Re: syn attack and source routing

  • From: Paul Ferguson
  • Date: Sat Sep 21 11:42:21 1996

Deja vu.

Didn't this same topic crop up a couple of years ago when the
IP spoofing-sky-is-falling scare began? If I'm not remiss, the
discussion drifted towards encouraging end-system networks to
disable source-routing at the entrance to their networks if
they were paranoid, but encourage ISP's & transit providers
to allow it.

- paul