Re: MAE West congested again?

  • From: Steve Feldman
  • Date: Thu Sep 19 18:24:33 1996

One of the two OC3c circuits between MFS and Ames was down for a while today,
resulting in the congestion you were seeing.  It is better now.

The 70 meg limit appears to be a measurement artifact, rather than a real
throughput limit, though we're still trying to confirm that.  We believe that
the OC3c interface should be capable of nearly the full 100 Mbps limit
of the Gigaswitch's crossbar, in each direction.

I'll fix the map so it reports correctly starting tomorrow.
	Steve