Re: New Denial of Service Attack on Panix

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 15:52:30 1996

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> I would personally like to see this topic added as an agenda item at
> the upcoming Ann Arbor NANOG meeting. At least a brief discussion of
> conventional wisdom (filter on valid source prefixes at periphery, etc.)
> should be in order.

And ask that anybody with non-Cisco experience submit the appropriate
filters for other brands of router so we can get the widest possible use
of source filtering implemented.

I still haven't seen anyone here volunteer a website for this although
http://www.mtiweb.com/isp has some information available.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]