Re: New Denial of Service Attack on Panix

  • From: Guy T Almes
  • Date: Tue Sep 17 11:10:17 1996

Nathan,
  I'm afraid that Kent is right about this one.
  The Internet, as a business, depends on a variety of enterprises (both
commercial, educational, and personal) choosing to use the Internet as a
foundation of how they do business.
  While I'd agree that the PANIX attack is hard to stop, and while most of
the needed steps toward solving the problem are, at best, damn nuisences,
we should all be putting a high priority on working together as an industry
to solve it.
  Specifically, I liked Curtis's three-part approach to addressing the
problem and hope that users, providers, and equipment vendors will all pull
together on this one.
        -- Guy