Re: SYN Flooding [info] (fwd)

  • From: Dick St.Peters
  • Date: Sun Sep 15 16:01:58 1996

> Alexis feels that it's very important to get wide press coverage, to
> help to force ISPs/NSPs to filter outbound crap from their network.

While I agree with the goal here, I've been a bit disturbed by the
undercurrent of antipathy toward 'clueless small ISPs'.  I'm as small
as ISPs come, and I've been outbound filtering against source
addresses not in my address space at least since last April.  How many
of the clueful here can say that?  Not many, I'll venture.  For that
matter, when did Alexis begin filtering outbound?

I'd like the concept changed from 'forcing' to 'educating' and to have
it done without disparagement for not already knowing.

--
Dick St.Peters,       Gatekeeper, Pearly Gateway, Ballston Spa, NY
[email protected]     Owner, NetHeaven 518-885-1295/800-910-6671