Re: Re[2]: SYN floods (was: does history repeat itself?)

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Fri Sep 13 04:15:37 1996

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:44:10 +0100
 "Alex.Bligh" <[email protected]> alleged:

> Don't forget Linux and the various BSD stuff. Quite a few people
> run modems with these as terminal servers. Certainly this
> would be trivial in Linux, from experience.

I think this could be prevented using ipf. I've been working on this
problem on the 4.4BSDlites for a while, it doesn't look like there
is an ideal solution for everyone but I have a few ideas.

Neil
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.                        Easynet Group PLC
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)