Re: customers and web servers and level one naps

  • From: Jim J. Steinhard
  • Date: Thu Sep 12 20:09:28 1996
  • Fax: (703)904-2292
  • Tel: (703)904-2748

Steve,

   The GIGAswitches support filtering based on several parameters (e.g.
MAC source/destination address, switch ports, etc.).  We currently employ
filtering based on ports (vs. MAC addresses) to logically partition the
GIGAswitches.  I think this is prudent since the MAC addresses will change
if (er, when :-) )we ever have to swap out failed equipment.

   Jim