Re: Re[2]: SYN floods (was: does history repeat itself?)

  • From: Joel Gallun
  • Date: Thu Sep 12 14:57:25 1996

What you propose is a Good Thing (tm), but I don't think it's sufficient.
It still doesn't protect the 'net from antisocial behavior perpetrated by
someone who has penetrated a system with dedicated access to the 'net. It
seems like it would still be necessary for anyone selling dedicated access
to install Good Neighboor (tm) anti-spoofing filters on their inbound
interfaces (which probably requires MIPS that the routers in the field
don't have).

Regards,

Joel