Re: The SWAMP

  • From: Geoff Huston
  • Date: Mon Sep 09 06:52:32 1996

Isn't the argument of the non-default routing tables growing by an
additional 13 entries or not is specious noise? The routing bucket is
leaking through bloody great open chasms and we are wondering about
the incremental damage throuigh a pinhole!

The more critical issue in this conversation is the assumption that
the Internet world has so completely transformed itself into a
classless world capable of full permeation of /32 routes that we can
push the DNS root name servers off the classfull cliff. I know we've
tried the experiment with the 39 prefix, but I for one am not happy
with the robustness of this assumption in today's Internet.

thanks,

  Geoff