Re: The SWAMP

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Mon Sep 09 01:25:06 1996

> I agree with your ammendment to the proposal.  It makes it somewhat more
> sensible.
>
> But I gotta ask why we have to pollute the world with a few more /24s.
> Everybody who has introduced /24s probably thinks that their reason is
> justified.  Commons, meet sheep.
>
> randy

Why do we have RAs at XPs, each taking up a potentially valuable IP
address on the XP network - and more importantly, each a potential
security risk (a Unix machine on the XP network)?

I'd say the RA machines and root servers are something of common interest,
esp. to the people who "make things go".  I can't think of many/any other
examples that I'd say deserve such special treatment.

Avi