Re: MAE-East still no generator

  • From: Dorian R. Kim
  • Date: Sat Sep 07 22:24:49 1996

On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, Nathan Stratton wrote:

> Well I am building one, just not near MAE-East. I think that if I build one
> 1 mile away and had 24x7 remote hands, AC/DC, redundant fiber paths MFS
> and others, UPS/generator with redundant by-pass, and much more people
> would not move. I know that some would, but to make it work you would need
> to get Sprint, MCI, UUNet, and ANS to move and I think that would be hard
> to do. Even if you were using my model and gave Sprint, MCI, UUNet, and
> ANS free rack space and free gigaswitch port.

People should build robust enough infrastructure so that they don't rely on
MAE-East so much. The current MAE-East is a disaster waiting to happen. Just
hope that there isn't a flood in that area any time soon.

Oh, speaking of environmental conditions,  I hope folks who are on DC power
check their wire. Last time I was there, most of them were hooked up using
10 amp wire and were running pretty hot.

-dorian