Re: MAE-East still no generator

  • From: Andrew Partan
  • Date: Sat Sep 07 21:27:12 1996

> Check out the nice graph of MAE-East for that last 5 days. When are they
> going to get a generator installed? Why can't you pay for a generator when
> you are charging +30 people $5,700 a month?

I was over at MAE-East installing some equipment sometime early
this summer & I was talking with some MFS folks.  They were looking
at the AC powered gear that I was installing & were wondering why
I did not do DC - they said that there was *lots* of DC capacity
(all battery backed) at MAE-East.  Last week I was over there again
& poked around.  I think that I only saw *two* folks that were
using DC - everyone else was on AC.

So what are you using?  AC or DC?  If you are not on DC, I would
switch.  Maybe you would have better luck.

As far as uptime goes - some folks have not seen any outages -
Digex has been up for 3+ weeks; ICM for 2+ weeks.  It does look
like all BGP sessions reset 2days9hours ago.
	[email protected] (Andrew Partan)