Re: MAE-East still no generator

  • From: Paul A Vixie
  • Date: Sat Sep 07 20:26:55 1996

> Check out the nice graph of MAE-East for that last 5 days. When are they
> going to get a generator installed? Why can't you pay for a generator when
> you are charging +30 people $5,700 a month?

OK, market research time.  If someone else were selling datacenter/colocation
space in a high quality facility less than a mile from MAE-East, lit with MFS
and several other bypass carriers, with its own GIGAswitches, would anybody
reading this feel the urge to relocate their hub and just leave one 100Mb/s
dark fibre over to MFS, meanwhile building preferred peerings with folks who
took the same route?  Assume that the costs were similar to what MFS charges,
bearing in mind that more space would be available and you might want to pay
for more of it since it would have 24x7 remote hands, AC/DC with UPS/generator,
and all the rest of that kind of good goopy stuff.

(Sigh, yes, it's true.  I helped with DEC's Palo Alto thing, and now I've got
the fever, and possibly the funding, but I don't know if it's worthwhile.)