Re: Hey, anyone who wanna help improve the net stability?

  • From: Erik-Jan Bos
  • Date: Thu Sep 05 16:00:23 1996

Avi,

> It's not necessarily unaggregated...
>
> I'm not sure, it's possible that Sean might have described the swamp as
> basically space above the a/b space and < 205/8.

At the Los Angeles IETF I tried to define the terms "Swamp" and "Toxic
Waste Dump" as follows:
* The Swamp is the 192.0.0.0/8 addres space that is routed.
* Each and every /24 in the Swamp is part of the Toxic Waste Dump (twd).

> > Of the class cs from the swamp how many are now being routed at the
> > defaultless core?  HOW MANY ADDITIONAL CLASS Cs FROM THE SWAMP ARE THERE
>
> No clue, but we could find out.

You might not like/agree/understand the above definitions, but... given
the above definitions the current sizes are:

Size(swamp) = 6549
Size(twd)   = 5555

This data is taken from a default free router that lives in Amsterdam,
The Netherlands which has 40590 prefixes at this moment.

FYI.

__

Erik-Jan.