RE: Agenda for next NANOG

  • From: Peter Ford
  • Date: Tue Sep 03 21:19:51 1996
  • Encoding: 36 TEXT

Looking at it strictly from a technical level, there is little difference
between a private interconnect and the connection between an ISP and  their
upstream provider if they have one.   (we might consider debating this
assumption especially in terms of scale :-))

One might as well ask if ISPs are willing to publicly display their packet
drop rates where they buy connectivity from their upstream providers at the
same time one is asking MCI, Sprint, UUNet and ANS for their
interconnection drop statistics.

Might it be easier for a customer of an ISP to get this kind of data from
their ISP?   Or not?

Cheers, peter

----------
I wonder if this is something involved parties (MCI, Sprint, UUNet and
ANS)
are willing to talk about, given that I've noticed some degradation on
performance across some of these private interconnects already.. (and it's
only been couple of months since they came online!)

I understand that these are private arrangements between involved parties,
but
given their importance, it would be a great service to the community if
the
involved parties could share some information.

-dorian