Re: Agenda for next NANOG

  • From: Dorian R. Kim
  • Date: Fri Aug 30 20:25:03 1996

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Randy Bush wrote:

> Maybe it is time to get real metrics and real measurements of the different
> pieces, so we can see where things are fine, where we have current problems,
> and where problems could be in the future.

This goes beyond just public interconnects. If you are one level removed from
NSP level, the status and performance of private interconnects between various
NSPs become a subject of great deal of interest.

Here, the general dearth of information about performance and status gets even
worse than it is with public exchange points.

I wonder if this is something involved parties (MCI, Sprint, UUNet and ANS)
are willing to talk about, given that I've noticed some degradation on
performance across some of these private interconnects already.. (and it's
only been couple of months since they came online!)

I understand that these are private arrangements between involved parties, but
given their importance, it would be a great service to the community if the
involved parties could share some information.

-dorian