Re: MFS WorldCom/WilTel/LDDS

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Aug 28 22:24:44 1996

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Edward Henigin wrote:

> When services hit 100% resource
> usage, there is no economic loss (aside from subscribers cancelling,
> which I won't deal with here).

This is pretty dumb! If you are going to talk about the economic systems
aspect of tier 1 providers then you have to include subscriber
cancellations and company reputation. Not to do so is roughly equivalent
to discussing why people should use Cisco 75xx boxes and saying something
like:

    "aside from the 75xx's BGP features which I won't deal with here"

> the resources available, then the difference between that demand and
> the available resources is potential revenue which is lost.

In an economic system, lost revenue is lost revenue whether it comes from
subscriber cancellations or elsewhere.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]