Re: Access to the Internic Blocked

  • From: Mike Trest
  • Date: Fri Aug 23 17:19:32 1996

At 12:52 PM 8/23/96 -0700, Vadim Antonov wrote:
>Curtis Villamizar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Have you forgotten that we log and keep track of source/destination
>>pairs.

>I sincerely wish you good luck doing that at OC-12.   If you know
>a magic technology which can do that please let me know.
>Doing that at 10 kpps is not going to be a solution any time soon.
>
>--vadim

Vadim,  Jim Hughes just gave me a good presentation
on a box offered by NSC which does IP address and port
level packet filtering on multiple OC-3c ATM interfaces
simultaneously at full circuit speed.  I think he said
an OC-12c version will be in production soon.  Perhaps we
could ask Jim to add some firmware to grab the SA/DA pairs
and dump them to a log processor in the same box.

Unfortunately, this would not help unless the path went
through an ATM segment somewhere on the network.

..mike..

Mike Trest,  ATMNET          Voice:  619 643-1805
5440 Morehouse Drive         Fax:    619 643-1801
San Diego, CA USA 92121      Pager:  619 960-9070