Re: Gaol...nee blacklist

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri Aug 23 11:18:29 1996

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996 [email protected] wrote:

> Well,
> 	AltaVista found a dead pointer... Not sure what happended here.
>
> 	Blacklist of Internet Advertisers
> 	       Blacklist of Internet Advertisers. ========================================================================= Canter and
> 		      Siegel acknowledge Blacklist's...
> 			     http://www.ip.net/BL/blacklist.html - size 48K - 15 Jun 96

	I think that's an out-of-date mirror.  In the Net Abuse FAQ, I've
got the following:

]   3.4) Is there a blacklist of net-abusers?
]
]      Yes, Axel Boldt maintains the world-renowned "Blacklist of Internet
]      Advertisers" at:
]
]      http://math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/BL/blacklist.html
]
]      Now, before you get really worried about McCarthyism and such, go
]      and look at Axel's self-imposed rules for maintaining the
]      blacklist. He's much fairer than most of those people deserve.

	The FAQ itself is at:

	http://www.cybernothing.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq.html

	Though, as others have said, this may not be the best list to
debate spam-related blacklisting and such.

  | "I don't know whether I should celebrate                             |
  |       th' lost innocence of childhood                                |
  |              or grab my crotch and smash a watermelon over my head." |
  |                                 -- Zippy the Pinhead                 |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----