RE: [NIC-960710.6343] INVOICE (hardcopy) (01-jul-1996 - 07-jul-1996)

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 21:07:18 1996

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996, Bill Woodcock wrote:

==>We haven't seen too many mis-bills, but quite a few uncredited payments...
==>i.e. our customer gets a cancelled check back, but then the InterNIC either
==>cancels the domain or refuses to acknowlege payment, or both.
==>
==>I'd say this is happening in 1%-2% of cases, which seems pretty high.

My girlfriend (in tech support for a small-business ISP-type-service) also
told me that 10-15 of their domains (out of around 350) have magically
been placed 'on hold' because they haven't acknowledged payment.

It's so distressing to see how the InterNIC can implement a policy to
charge for domains, but can't get their head out of dark places long
enough to at least institute a decent billing system.

For my domains, I received a fifteen-times-copied, very faint letter
saying I owe X dollars for the domains, which were hand-written on the
letter.  Very poor system indeed and I'll be the first to encourage
replacing Network Solutions once the contract comes up.

/cah