Re: Customer AS

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 21:07:07 1996

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Jon Zeeff wrote:

> Not only is it reality, it is, from the customers point of view, a good
> idea.

> There is a solution to the customer who wants to be dual-homed
> to two providers and not contribute to the "routers can't handle the
> tables" problem.  Just don't announce your more specifics to your backup
> provider unless you know your primary is down.  Some type of automated
> script can do it.

Has any of this been WELL documented somewhere so that when a customer is
asking about multihoming we can point them to a website where they can
learn the right way to do multihoming?

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]