Re: aol

  • From: Ronald Barron Yokubaitis
  • Date: Fri Aug 09 08:13:44 1996

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Dave Curado wrote:

> I paused for a moment and considered how interesting it is that
> a problem with an online service is now headline news...

Austin CableVision ( Time/Warner ) was down all night starting with the
first clap of thunder last night. Happens everytime we get a
thunderstorm!!  I have yet to see a report in the local news rag of these
regular outages, let alone National news.

My Net connection has yet to Drop via SW Bell from my house to the rest of
the wired universe. How could I ever count on Cable for a Net connection?

Wireless in the Gigahertz range would at least recover when the intense
rains stopped. This is much faster recovery of service than my Time/Warner
Cable service which takes hours to come back on, long after the rains
stopped!

Just can't count on cable when it counts. Buth this doesn't make even the
Local News. Maybe because it is such old news!!!!.............

Ronald Barron Yokubaitis	A	Texas  NetWorking, Inc.
Texas Networking Inc.		B	TOTAL INTERNET SOLUTIONS
San Antonio 210-272 8111	5	FOR THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS,
Austin 512-472 2532		L	and neighboring Countries
				J	http://www.texas.net