Re: False Advertising

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Thu Aug 01 21:33:04 1996

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, George Herbert wrote:

==>I think that it is appropriate for newcomer networks to ask what
==>the ettiquette is for dealing with routing policy problems here.
==>The eventual solution will obviously require direct contact with
==>alternet, but there are other issues, such as whether broadcasting
==>competing announcements is ok or not (probably best not to... wait
==>until it's all settled).

A lot of times it's very difficult to tell the management of a company who
has 'ownership' (meant loosely) of the official records of the
CIDR block that they can't use it immediately because someone else is
'borrowing' their address space.

And, I _do_ believe that problems such as this are related to the
Operation of North American Networks.

/cah