Re: The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Thu Jul 18 22:15:07 1996

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> I have long advocated moving the root nameservers to XPs.  It makes
> considerable traffic sense.  But I have also always advocated that these
> servers be owned and operated by the XP, not by some third party.  To do
> otherwise would be an administrative nightmare....
>
> You mean I have to go out and actually read those 100 messages a day
> coming from newdom.... :-(

No. You can pick up the substance of the matter by reading through some of
the links available at http://www.memra.com/ndbg.html  And if you want to
browse through a few of the list messages there is a list archive linked
off that page too.

95% of it is politics and the only thing that seemed to me to impact
operations was this plan to put competing nameservers at the XP's.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]