The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Tue Jul 16 21:15:58 1996

If the information in the following message means what I think it means in
then somebody is colocating an entire new set of root nameservers at
exchange points within the USA if not internationally.

Can they do this? Or are they bluffing?

If you want to comment on issues related to top level domain names but not
related to network operations, please, please, please post those comments
to [email protected] only even if it means replying twice to this message.
Believe me, you do *NOT* want to crosspost between NEWDOM and NANOG and
you do *NOT* want to attract these discussions into NANOG either.

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]