L'ironie est le fond du caractere de la Providence

  • From: Sean Doran
  • Date: Thu Jul 11 02:22:30 1996

Alternatively:
Chang'd loves are but chang'd sorts of meat,
And when he hath the kernel eat,
Who doth not fling away the shell?

Well, Elise is going to yell at me -- perhaps even in person -- for
abusing the mailing list, and I deserve it, but I can't help myself.
I like irony too much.  Maybe the subject line (I figure that she likely
will recognize the source) will appease her a bit.

(So, Kai, no need to duck :) )

Anyway, the originator of this note should be lauded
for very sensibly restricting its audience, and I deserve
the blame for posting it here (with permission obtained
after much grovelling and pleading on my part), thinking
it was too good a line not to share.

	Sean.
- --