Re: Interconnecting at MAE-West

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Jul 06 19:30:15 1996

On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Gordon Cook wrote:

> Robert bowman wrote:  Or at least look into spending a bunch of additional
> money buying transit
> services from AGIS or CRL.  They both are in the business of servicing
> ISPs at the IXP level.
>
> Why would you buy transit from either AGIS or CRL if you could also buy it
> from MCI, ANS, Sprint or UUNET?  Are you saying that if one of these big
> players has a moretorium on peering, it also does not do transit?

One more thing, that reason we and a lot for others don't go with the last
logical choice (why not they will not peer until end of summer) is that
they will only sign a 1 year contract. They will also not peer with
customers, so getting a connection into Sprint to get Sprint routes is a
bad idea. You move from not being able to peer for a few months to not
being able to peer for a year.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34