RE: Telco discussions

  • From: John Oliveira
  • Date: Wed Jun 26 18:03:53 1996

At 04:50 PM 6/25/96 -0400, John R. Sosebee wrote:

>I'm seeing that also. I've been using ADC/Kentrox T-1 CSUs lately and they
come out of the box set for D4/AMI ... go figure ...

This is because most vendors still believes that T1 circuits are provision
as D4/AMI..:-) Digital Link Encore csu/dsu by default has it setup as
ESF/B8ZS.

>Case-in-point:  How many of you tried to figure out why the arrow keys
>only worked 50% of the time when you used a telnet session to configure
>a Digital Link Encore DSU / Ensemble shelf?  And do you know what Digital
>Link did as a work around (ans: use the "U" and "D" keys for up/down).

Believe it or not I was the person who made Digital Link come up with the
"U" and "D" keys ( don't forget the "L" and "R" for left and right keys).
I had meetings with their Engineers to come up with this solution since
we had problems telnetting to the csu/dsu through the Terminal Server due
to very poor delay response using the arrow keys. It would take at least
5/6 strokes on one arrow key just to toggle it up/down or left/right.
This still applies on the 3800 Digital Link Imuxes.

John