Re: critique of NANOG meeting

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Wed Jun 19 18:03:02 1996

> Not that simple -- some folks at MAE-E already have
> their DS-3s saturated.
>
> --vadim

> Also, I explained the Cisco route retraction bug/feature and
> that most of the packet loss that's not caused by total port
> outages is due to limited provisioning of bandwidth into the
> exchanges, not due to exchange fabrics losing packets or
> routers dropping packets due to anything but wan link saturation.
> In general, that is :)
>
> Avi

So more routers & more wan links are required by those providers, no?
I didn't say it's easy to do, but it's not impossible either.

Load-balance external peering, and either load-balance wan links or pull
the wan links to different locations.

MCI said they plan on increasing dramatically the # of pipes they have
to the public exchange points...

Avi