Sprint's route filters and Europe

  • From: Daniel Karrenberg
  • Date: Mon Jun 03 12:23:57 1996

  > Michael Dillon <[email protected]> writes:
  >
  > No quarrel with that, but the folks who pay those high fees kind of
  > expected that they were guaranteed to work on the global Internet.

Our documentation clearly tells them that this may be a wrong expectation
and also tells them where to complain. Now if people would read
documentation the world would be a better place .... ;-(

  > I started this thread because a European ISP could not find out from
  > either Sprint or his own upstream NSP or RIPE, why were these routes being
  > blocked and what could he do to unblock them.

I am quite sure we point everyone with routing problems in the direction
of the ISP concerned. I realise that some find this not too helpful,
but what else can we do?

  > This points out to me that
  > there may still be some room for improvement in opening up avanues of
  > communication.

Concrete suggestions are always welcome.

Daniel