Re: MAE-West is up again (Sun's & Alphas)

  • From: George Herbert
  • Date: Sun Jun 02 00:05:57 1996

Following Paul's example, this is a warning that this is inappropriate for
the list topic, hit "D" now ;-)

I think that the MP HyperSPARC machines and in particular the new Ultras
are doing Just Fine performance wise and legacy code wise.  I've been
working with them on a daily basis for a year and a half at Axil, which
makes more Sparcs than anyone except Sun, and we keep pushing them further
and further.  Alphas have a lot going for them, but don't write SPARC off.
It's made up its performance deficit from the early 90s.

-george